Saturday, August 15, 2009

Home Blessing Chant

I like to use this chant that I wrote for blessing and cleansing my home. It is for the protection and well-being of the house and those in it. I hope you like it!

Bless this home and all within,
Mothers, Fathers, Children, Friends,
Keep safe and calm this hearth and home,
Never here let evil roam,
Protect this house from darkest sorrow,
Bless this home, now and tomorrow.

I like to chant this while going around my home smudging it with sage (or other incenses). This can be done every full moon, month, week, day, whatever you prefer.

Blessed Be,
Eirwen

5 comments:

  1. Very nice. I have a very short chant, which I recite while I sweep the house. Also a longer one which I reserve for Dark Moon cleansing once a month.

    I just moved back with my dad and brother. Last Saturday I was chanting a sweeping and my brother asked me, "why are you talking to the broom?"

    I just smiled and didn't even try to explain. I think I'm going to send him a link to your post with the subject: Is a Witch thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny Magaly. Sometimes my boyfriend just smiles and nods at whatever it is I'm doing. Either that, or he just doesn't ask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great chant with a lovely feel :). Came across your page on the Pagan Living Forum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isis Akina, I think I remember you from there. Thank's for checking out my blog, I hope to share it with as many interested people as possible!
    I love that chant, It really came from the heart.
    I keep a small journal of prayers and chants in my purse at all times. I guess it's kind of the equivalent of a devotional or something for a christian. I like having that book, separate from my BoS, to keep with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Akina
    Your chant is really nice and will be very easy to remember. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete