Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Blessed Imbolg/Camdlemas/Brigid's Day!!!

Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a very blessed Imbolg. I just wanted to drop a line to wish everyone well, and share some Imbolg info.

Imbolg or Candlemas is also called Brigid's Day by many people, in honor of the Celtic Goddess/ Catholic Saint. She is the matron of fire, smith-craft, healing, and poetry. She is also associated with childbirth. She is called Bride by some, and rules engagements, marriages, and handfastings.
You can honor her with prayer, offerings of white flowers, or making Brigid's crosses. You can make one by taking two equal length twigs, pieces of wood, or even Popsicle sticks, and forming an equal armed cross. Glue them together, and tie silver and white ribbons all around the middle.
The Domestic Witch has some interesting info about Imbolg on her blog. Her post cheered me up when I read something she said about weather:

"An old British rhyme tells us that “if Candlemas Day be bright and clear, there’ll be two winters in the year”. Actually, all of the cross-quarter days can be used as inverse weather predictors, whereas the quarter days are used as direct weather predictors."

It's grey and rainy today, with snow still all over the ground from this weekend. Snow is beautiful of course, and I honor, respect, and love all of the seasons, but I don't always *like* winter. I'll tell you, I'm a spring and summer gal, and I am looking forward to warm weather, hiking, drinking sweet tea, making my own sundresses, and blossoming plants. Ah, it sounds so good already...

But I digress. So check out The Domestic Witch. It's a really great blog, she has some great ideas.

Also, if you are interested, check out my other blog, Bonbon de Sucre. It is my blog for fashion and crafting. I am into Gothic and Lolita fashion, historical fashion, haute couture, Hime Gyaru fashion, Mori/Natural-kei, Fairy-kei, and whatever other fashion stuff I like(my tastes are obviously very ecclectic). I stopped Bonbon for a while, and have recently started it back up, with a sort of new mission.
I don't know if any of you will be interested in this, but I am also going to talk about crafting, as well as posting tutorials, for things like sewing, embroidery, crocheting, jewelry making, and Victorian/other historical crafts. So for all of you crafty witches, you might want to check it out.

Well I'm off for now. I'm going to go light one candle for each thing I want to manifest in the coming year, and meditate on it for a while.

I hope you have a very Happy Imbolg, and Blessed Be!
-Eirwen

No comments:

Post a Comment