Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wicked!

I'm going to see the musical Wicked this weekend, with my wonderful boyfriend, Nick. I am really looking forward to it. I got the tickets for Christmas from Nick's parents. My parents even pitched in to the evening by getting us a fancy hotel room!

I'm going to post a review after I get back. I'm always interested in how witches are portrayed in pop culture and the media, so this will be fun.

I'm not one of those people who gets all up in arms about movies like The Craft (which is actually one of my favorite movies), or shows like Charmed (a guilty pleasure of mine). I don't get easily offended by that type of thing. I do get offended if something talks about "evil wiccans" or portrays real life witches in a negative light, e.g. on the Mentalist. There was an episode of that show where a "wiccan" priestess performed a so called "killing spell" on the victim. Wiccans were portrayed as flaky weirdos who were practicing witchcraft for attention or to rebel against something. That I did not like.

So, my review of Wicked is coming soon!

Blessed Be,
Eirwen

No comments:

Post a Comment