Thursday, May 14, 2009

New Herbs

I got some new herbs for my garden today! I got some chamomile, fennel, and apple mint. I have never heard of apple mint before, but I'll learn. That's part of the fun, bumbling along my path, learning how to grow and use herbs by trial and error (not too much error though, I'm careful about learning which ones are poisonous!). I'm excited about the chamomile especially, I love chamomile tea and I can't wait to drink tea that I grew! I am going to look up apple mint. That's going to be my herb of the month. I will pick a new one every month, and talk about the medicinal and magickal properties of it, the history and lore, as well as what kind of tasty food stuffs you can make with it! So the herb of the month, coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand the joy of consuming what you grow. Two years ago I planted a batch of lettuce, I'm not sure what went wrong, but by the gods they were the most bitter thing I'd ever tasted! Nonetheless, I made a salad, sat on my porch and enjoyed the my grub with a huge smile on my face.

    I'm hoping for better luck this year, and I'm sure yours will do just great too. Make sure you post some pictures. I'll share my garden as soon as some of the last seeds show up for the party.

    Thanks for following my blog, I'm following yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Applemint sounds yummy. I can't wait to read more about its properties.

    ReplyDelete