Monday, May 11, 2009

Ok, so this is my new blog. I mostly made it so I could comment on my classmate's blog, but then I decided that it would be more fun than myspace or something. I am so sick of myspace. On that note, my myspace user name is marichan869
So welcome to the Hedge Witch's Garden! (Thats me, your friendly neighborhood Hedge Witch.) What is a hedge witch, you ask?

Well, there are two kinds of Hedge Witches, and sometimes the two kinds overlap

(These are my ideas of what a hedge witch is, and no one can really agree on the exact definition.)

The first kind of hedge witch is similar to a shaman. They do work with the other realms of existance, like the astral realm, the underworld, faerieland, etc. They communicate with spirits and do divinations.

The other kind of hedge witch is more of a kitchen witch. They use herb lore, cooking, potions, fae energy, low magick (by low magick I mean magick that isn't heavily ceremonial, not that it is not as good or effective.) and work healing magick, protection, and divination (like tarot or scrying). Midwifery and herbalism are practices associated with hedge witchcraft. Some of these witches are craftswomen and men. Home, hearth, and garden are important. Some of these witches prefer the term Green Witch.

Most hedge wtiches fall somewhere inbetween these categories.

I draw mostly from the latter category. I use herbs, cooking and potions. I would call myself a Hedge Witch, also a Green Witch or a Kitchen Witch. I mostly work healing and protection magick, but I do a little divination. I work with the fae spirits, elemental magick, and I do astral projection and spirit guide communication. My practices are heavily celtic wicca-based, but I also draw from ancient greek philosophy, hoodoo, native american religion, shinto, buddhism, taoism, and hinduism. I am also a craftswoman, I made woodcrafts, leathercrafts, I sew, I do cross stich, etc.

My craft and my religion are tied together (although not all hedge witches share the same beliefs.) I believe in the Mother Goddess and the Father God.

I'm going to post spells, charms, recipes, poems, prayers, chants, or just whatever I'm feeling at the time.

Blessed Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment